1. What personal information do we collect?
You give information to us when you:
- create a user account and add information to it
- search and place orders for products
- add products to your shopping basket and compile wish lists
- provide product reviews, give ratings and ask questions
- communicate with us electronically, by phone, or otherwise
- complete questionnaires or entry forms
- participate in our promotions or contests
- interact with us on social media
You might supply us with such details as:
- personal information, including name and date of birth
- contact information, including address, phone number and email address
- payment information, including credit/debit card numbers and registered address
- professional information, including company name and VAT numbers
- the details of others to whom purchases have been dispatched
- IP address and the geographical location from which you accessed our website
- device and browser type
- the pages you view, how long you spend on each page and which features you click on
- order history
2. Why do we collect your personal information?
We process your personal information for reasons such as:
- to set up and administer your user account, enabling us to recognise if you are a returning customer, remember your card payment details (if desired) and keep track of your order history, shopping basket and wish lists. All of this is with the intention of improving the speed and convenience of your future transactions
- to take orders, deliver products and process payments, and to communicate with you about such things (transactional emails, for example)
- to provide customer service and respond to your queries, complaints and other forms of communication
- to administer contests and prize draws
- to keep track of your preferences, as we may personalise your shopping experience and recommend products that might be of interest to you
- to analyse the performance of our website, with a view to improving our content and features, and gain statistical insights about our customers, with a view to improving our products and services
- to advertise, whereby your order history may be aggregated with those of other users to support website features such as Best Sellers. Also, in specific cases where you have given your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time, to periodically send non-transactional communications to you, such as promotional emails
- to improve the security of our customers and prevent fraudulent activity
- to comply with our legal rights and obligations, including maintaining our business records and complying with requests from public authorities
3. How long do we keep your personal information for?
4. How do we protect your personal information?
5. Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share some your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances only:
- If we enlist the help of service providers, such as couriers and shipping entities, to fulfil deliveries on our behalf, and email marketing platforms, to send promotional communications and important updates
- If we are legally required to cooperate with an investigation by a law enforcement or government authority, or if we decide to bring legal action against you for violating an agreement with London Decorators Merchants
- In the case of London Decorators Merchants acquiring, being acquired by, merging with, or becoming legally affiliated with a third party, whereby our customers’ information would be one of the transferred or shared assets
6. What rights do you have?
8. Links to other websites