1. What is a cookie?
The term ‘cookie’ refers to small text file sent by a website that is stored on your device by your web browser. Every time you return to the same website, your browser retrieves and sends this file to the website’s server.
- recognising you when you sign in to our website, allowing us to provide you with personalised product recommendations and determine whether you are a regular customer or a new visitor
- keeping track of your order history and products stored in your shopping basket and wish lists, which allows for quicker ordering and convenience with future transactions
- measuring and analysing the performance of our website, with a view to improving our content and features
- gaining statistical insights about our customers, with a view to improving our products and services
- keeping track of your preferences, allowing us to honour whether or not you have opted out of receiving our newsletters and promotional emails
- improving security and preventing fraudulent activity
Our approved third parties are:
- Origin Software Solutions, our website provider
- Cloudflare, who provide additional security for our website
- Zendesk Chat (formerly Zopim), who provide the chat widget on our website
- Google Analytics, who provide statistical insights about our customer base
Please bear in mind that our website also contains links to manufacturer websites and social media websites, such as Facebook, which are subject to separate cookie and privacy policies. We encourage you to consult the cookie and privacy statements of all of these individual parties on a regular basis.
2. Managing cookies
You can manage your browser settings to block new cookies, disable existing cookies and/or notify you when cookies are being sent to your device. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to do this.
If you wish to not receive any cookies at all, including cookies that are necessary for our website to function properly, you can set your browser to disable all cookies. This may impact your user experience while using our website. For example, you may not be able to access certain features and areas of the website and/or you may have to manually input login information, preferences and payment methods each time you use the website.
If you use multiple browsers and/or devices to view and access our website, you will need to adjust the settings of each browser on each device to suit your cookie preferences.
3. More information
4. Amendments to the Cookies Notice